You can open the console simply by pressing a special key which is usually the key to the left of "1" on US keyboards. All console commands are case-insensitive.
- abortgame - Ends the current round.
- flush - Flush all caches. Regenerates all lighting, 3D hardware textures, etc. Can be useful to reduce lag or to clear texture corruption due to 3D hardware driver bugs.
- get <classname> <variable> - Gets the default value for a variable in a class. Eg. get serversettings maxplayers
- kick <playername> - Kick a player.
- kickban <playername> - Kick a player and ban his/her IP. You'll need to edit your Swat4(X)(Dedicated).ini file to unban their IP.
- open <mapname> - Opens a local map. Can be useful to open custom maps in single player. Eg. open sp-u273
- reconnect - Reconnect to the previous server. Also reloads the current SP map.
- sad <password> - Login as admin with specified password.
- say <message string> - Broadcast a message to other players in the game.
- set <class> <variable> <value> - Sets the specified property of the specified class with the specified value. Eg. set serversettings maxplayers 5
- set input <key> <command> - Set up keybinds in-game. It automatically writes to the User.ini file. Eg. set input u say hello
- setres WxHxD - Set the resolution and color depth. Eg. setres 1024x768x32
- shot - Take a screenshot and save it in the System directory with a consecutive name like Shot0001.bmp.
- startgame - Makes all players ready.
- stat all - Shows all stats.
- stat fps - Shows frame time in milliseconds.
- stat game - Shows game stats.
- stat hardware - Shows interesting hardware stats.
- stat render - Shows stats about rendering. Note especially the Staticmesh/Triangles count.
- stat net - Shows network performance statistics including ping, packet loss, bytes/second.
- stat anim - Show details on what animations are playing.
- stat none - Turns off the display of any stats.
- switch <mapname> - Switches the server to a new map.
- teamsay <message string> - Broadcast a message to your teammates.
- quit/exit - Exit the game.
Single player developer tools (cheats)
To enable the cheats, you need to edit one configuration file. Remember to backup files before editing.
- In the regular SWAT 4, open the file at
- In TSS, open the file at
- Search for the line
[Engine.GameEngine]. Locate the first occurrence of
EnableDevTools=Falseunder this section. Change the
Trueand save the ini file.
Now you can enter these commands to the console as explained above.
- behindview <0 / 1> - Toggle 3rd person camera.
- invisible <0 / 1> - Toggle invisibility for player.
- god - Player becomes invulnerable.
- fly - Set gravity to zero for player.
- ghost - Set gravity to zero for player and allow passing through normally blocking surfaces ("no clipping" mode).
- walk - Resets the ghost and fly modes to inactive.
- showhands / handsdown - Toggle first-person hands & weapon rendering.
- togglegui - Turn GUI/HUD rendering on/off.
- showdebug - Show some general debugging info.
- showfocus - Show details about the objects where the camera is pointed at.
- show projectorbounds - Show bounds of projectors in-game.
- show actors - Turn on/off rendering of actors.
- show actorinfo - Turn on/off rendering of actor info.
- show staticmesh - Turn on/off rendering of static meshes.
- show fog - Turn on/off rendering of fog.
- show sky - Turn on/off rendering of skyzone.
- show corona - Turn on/off rendering of coronas.
- show particle - Turn on/off rendering of particles.
- show bsp - Turn on/off rendering of bsp surfaces.
- show radii - Turn on/off rendering of radii for things using cylinder collision.
- show fluid - Turn on/off rendering of fluid surfaces.
- show projector - Turn on/off rendering of dynamic projectors.
- show collision - Show non-havok collision bounds. Dynamic objects are in pink. Also show bone collision boxes.
- rend collision - Show pawn collision. If pawn is on top of something, show that thing in yellow and draw line to it.
- rend bound - Show the rendering bounding sphere/box for skeletal meshes (blue), the render bounding box for static meshes (green), the predicted render bounding box (red) and the emitter bounds (yellow).
- RenderDetail <0-3> - Globally adjusts ALL other rendering settings; 3 is highest detail, 0 is lowest.
- TextureDetail <0-3> - Changes texture detail (size); 3 is highest detail, 0 is lowest.
- BumpDetail <0-3> - Changes bumpmapping settings. 3 = characters+staticmesh+bsp+emitters, 2 = characters+staticmesh; 1 = static mesh, 0 = nothing.
Gameplay / spawning
- ChangeSize <float> - Change player character size. Default is 1.0.
- SloMo <float> - Change global game speed factor. Default is 1.0.
- Teleport - Move to the location where the camera is pointed at.
- GetSprayed - Runs camera effect for Pepper Spray (with 0 damage).
- GetGassed - Runs camera effect for CS Gas (similar to Pepper Spray) (with 0 damage).
- GetTased - Runs camera effect for Taser (with 0 damage).
- GetStung - Runs camera effect for Sting Grenade (with 0 damage).
- LockAllDoors - Locks all doors in the level.
- OpenDoorsToLeft - Opens all doors in the level to the left.
- OpenDoorsToRight - Opens all doors in the level to the right.
- SummonArchetype <Enemy / Hostage / Inanimate> <Archetype name> - Spawns an instance of the specified archetype in front of the player. Eg. 'summonarchetype enemy arms_dealer'.
- TestSpawn - Spawn a 'TestSpawn' Archetype at each Enemy and Hostage Spawner.
- UsePrimaryEntry <1 / 0> - If 1, singleplayer missions will use the primary entry point. If 0, they will use the secondary entry point.
- HideAI - Hides all AIs.
- ShowAI - Shows hidden AIs.
- ToggleAIHiddenState - Toggle between ShowAI/HideAI.
- AnimDrawDebugLines - Show where the pawns should be aiming.
- DebugAIMovement - Show where the AIs think they are going.
- DebugAssignments - Show where the AIs have assigned tasks.
- DebugOfficerAwareness - Show how the officers navigate awareness points.
- DebugMorale - Turn on/off morale debugging info.
- HideVC - Hide AI vision cones.
- ShowVC - Show AI vision cones.
- EveryoneComply - Asks all enemy/hostage AIs to comply. Tougher enemies will start running.
- MakeAIGod <optional: AI Class (ie. SwatOfficer)> - Makes particular types unhurtable (defaults to all AIs).
- DebugAIs - Turn on/off AI debug info.
- DebugTyrion - Turn on/off all Tyrion debug info.
- DebugTyrionCharacter - Turn on/off Tyrion Character debug info.
- DebugTyrionMovement - Turn on/off Tyrion Movement debug info.
- DebugTyrionWeapon - Turn on/off Tyrion Weapon debug info.
- DisableVision <optional: AI Class> - Disables AI vision.
- EnableVision <optional: AI Class> - Enables vision for AIs whose vision has been disabled.
- DisableHearing <optional: AI Class> - Disables AI hearing.
- EnableHearing <optional: AI Class> - Enables hearing for AIs whose hearing has been disabled.
- DisableAwareness <optional: AI Class> - Disables the awareness system of AIs.
- EnableAwareness <optional: AI Class> - Enables the awareness system of AIs whose awareness has been disabled.
- DisableCollisionAvoidance <optional: AI Class> - Disables collision avoidance.
- EnableCollisionAvoidance <optional: AI Class> - Enables collision avoidance.