Importing static meshes to the level editor
This tutorial describes the steps required to import ANY static meshes or textures from ANY Unreal engine game to the SWAT 4 level editor. The tools are also capable of importing meshes containing multiple textures. No expensive software licenses required.
- Get the latest version of UModel or just clone it from git.
- Get Milkshape 1.8.4.
- Install Meowcat's ASE format exporter plugin for Milkshape 3D. Just unzip it to the MS3D's install directory.
- Open the source Unreal package in UModel.
- Navigate to the mesh/texture in question and export it with Ctrl+X.
- The exported .tga textures can be imported to the editor without further steps, but you still have to create shaders manually.
- Rename the exported .pskx file to .psk because Milkshape will only look for .psk extension by default.
- In Milkshape, select File > Import > Unreal/UT PSK/PSA
- Select File > Export > ASE for UEngine exporter by Meowcat
- Now you should have an .ase file ready for importing to the level editor. In the static mesh browser, select File > Import.
- The mesh's textures will be blank in the editor so you have to assign them manually also.